From our friends at eXtension Farm Energy, a new webinar: Agronomic and Environmental Uses of Biochar
July 17 at 1:30 p.m. (central); 2:30 (eastern); 12:30 (mountain); 11:30 am (pacific)
Interest in the use of biochar has skyrocketed in the past year. The use of manure for generating biochar is being intensively explored as a way to address nutrient loading and renewable energy.
How Do I Participate?
On the day of the webinar, go to www.extension.org/58813 to download the speaker’s power point presentations and connect to the virtual meeting room. First-time viewers should also follow the steps at: www.extension.org/8924www.extension.org/8924.
For More Information
- How biochar works in soil - http://www.biochar-journal.org/en/ct/32-How-biochar-works-in-soil
- Biochar: The science behind the hype - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQxthabe_OU
- The 55 uses of biochar - http://www.biochar-journal.org/en/ct/2-The-55-uses-of-biochar
- The International Biochar Initiative - http://www.biochar-international.org/
- Coaltec Energy - http://www.coaltecenergy.com/