Our CenUSA researchers have produced fact sheets aimed at providing useful and pragmatic materials for ag producers and persons with an interest in perennial bioenergy. The fact sheets are available through eXtension, the on-line, interactive voice of the Extension services of the nation's land-grant universities. Click on the titles to access CenUSA Bioenergy Fact Sheets*.
- Estimated Cost of Establishment and Production of “Liberty” Switchgrass (Chad Hart, 2015)
- Fast Pyrolysis Efficiently Turns Biomass into Renewable Fuels (Robert Brown, 2015)
- Storing Perennial Grasses Grown for Biofuel (Kevin Shinners, 2015)
- Biochar: Prospects of Commercialization (David Laird & Pam Porter, 2014)
- Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L) Stand Establishment: Key Factors for Success (Rob Mitchell, 2014)
- Control Weeds in Switchgrass (Panicum Virgatum L.) Grown for Biomass (Rob Mitchell, 2014)
- Plant Breeders Create New and Better Switchgrass Varieties for Biofuels (Mike Casler, 2014)
- The Economics of Switchgrass for Biofuel (Richard Perrin, 2014)
- Successfully Harvest Switchgrass Grown for Biofuel (Kevin Shinners, 2014)
- Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum) for Biofuel Production (Rob Mitchell, 2013)
- Logistical Challenges to Switchgrass (Panicum virgatum L.) as a Bioenergy Crop (Stuart Birrell, 2013)
- Test Plots Show How Perennial Grasses Can Be Grown for Biofuels (Rob Mitchell & Jeff Volenec, 2013)
- Master Gardeners' Safety Precautions for Handling, Applying and Storing Biochar (Charles Schwab & Mark Hanna, 2012)
*You can read these easily on-line or print for off-line reading by clicking on the "Print" link within each Fact Sheet.