Research summaries from our CenUSA researchers are available through eXtension, the on-line, interactive voice of the Extension services of the nation's land-grant universities. Visit eXtension's Resources from CenUSA - Sustainable Production and Distribution of Bioenergy for the Central USA page or click on the titles below to access CenUSA Bioenergy Research Summaries.
Research Summaries & Decision Support Tools
- Making Business Decisions with Precision Data Can Encourage Perennial Grass Production. (Aug. 2016). http://articles.extension.org/pages/73918/making-business-decisions-with-precision-data-can-encourage-perennial-grass-production.
Renmatix Processes Biomass into Sugars for Industrial Use. (Mar. 2016). http://articles.extension.org/pages/73640/renmatix-processes-biomass-into-sugars-for-industrial-use.
- Biofuel Quality Improved by Delaying Harvest of Perennial Grass (2016, Emily Heaton)
- Near-Infrared (NIR) Analysis Provides Efficient Evaluation of Biomass Samples (2015, Bruce Dien)
- Competition For Land Use—Why Would a Rational Producer Grow Switchgrass for Biofuel? (2015, Keri Jacobs)
- Management Practices Impact Greenhouse Gas Emissions in the Harvest of Corn Stover for Biofuels (2014, Virginia Jin)
- Research Finds Strong Genetic Diversity in Switchgrass Gene Pools (2015, Mike Casler)
- Minnesota Watershed Nitrogen Reduction Planning Tool (2014, Bill Lazarus)
- 2014 Extension Master Gardener's CenUSA Biochar Demonstration Gardens: Is biochar a good soil amendment for home gardens? (2014, Lynn Hagen)
- Biochar Can Improve the Sustainability of Stover Removal for Bioenergy (2013, David Laird)