The Outreach and Extension team delivers science-based knowledge and informal education programs to farmers, the ag industry and to youth programs linked to 4H and FFA. The team produces extensive educational materials which are available in our Resource Library page.
- Developing perennial/biochar/bioenergy materials for ag producers and extension educators;
- Creating awareness of the benefits of perennial and biochar agriculture and horticulture;
- Establishing an Extension Master Gardener “citizen science” program for researching the use of biochar in horticulture; and
- Stimulating adoption of Best Management Practices for perennial grass production, pyrolysis conversion of biomass to biofuels, and utilization of biochar as a soil amendment.
- Conducting project evaluation by surveying learning activity participants.
Jill Euken, Iowa State University
Outreach and Extension Teams
|Extension Staff Training/eXtension||Producer Research Plots/Perennial Grass|
|Economics & Decision Tools||Health & Safety|
|Broader Public, Master Gardener & Youth Programs||Evaluation & Administration|
2017 Outreach and Extension Overview
- Learn how bioenergy research is translated into practical know-how by extension educators, farmers and Master Gardeners.
Outreach and Extension Collaborators
|Fred Baxendale, University of Nebraska-Lincoln||John Lamb, University of Minnesota|
|Jamie Benning, Iowa State University||Bill Lazarus, University of Minnesota|
|Greg Brenneman, Iowa State University||Yvonne McCormick, Iowa State University|
|Mark Carlton, Iowa State University||Chad Martin, Purdue University|
|Natalie Carroll, Purdue University||Deana Namuth-Covert, The Ohio State University|
|Tim Eggers, Iowa State University||Gwen Nugent, University of Nebraska-Lincoln|
|Keith Glewen, University of Nebraska-Lincoln||Kathryn Orvis, Purdue University|
|John Guretzky, University of Nebraska-Lincoln||Richard Perrin, University of Nebraska-Lincoln|
|Lynne Hagen, University of Minnesota||Brent Pringnitz, Iowa State University|
|Mark Hanna, Iowa State University||Carl Rosen, University of Minnesota|
|Chad Hart, Iowa State University||Denny Schrock, Iowa State University|
|Sue Hawkins, University of Vermont||Charles Schwab, Iowa State University|
|John Hay, University of Nebraska-Lincoln||Jay Staker, Iowa State University|
|Cynthia Haynes, Iowa State University||Carol Tierney, Iowa State University|
|Chad Ingels, Iowa State University||Stephen Wegulo, University of Nebraska-Lincoln|
|Keith Johnson, Purdue University||Julie Weisenhorn, University of Minnesota|
|Amy Kohmetscher, The Ohio State University|